Posted to rec.woodworking,alt.home.repair

Default Painting pressure treated lumber

On Tue, 02 Oct 2012 09:53:06 -0500, Leon lcb11211@swbelldotnet wrote:

On 10/2/2012 9:25 AM, Hell Toupee wrote:
On 9/29/2012 4:34 PM, bob haller wrote:
never paint PT wood, as it will just peel the PT chemicals prevent
paint adhesion.........

Geez, I replaced my fascia and soffits with PT lumber in 2000. Primed
and painted it, and the paint still holds tight and lookin' good.

What did I do wrong?

And that is where I use PT painted. I think others are referring to a
surface that is walked on, a deck or porch.

Not even walked on. My balusters and rails would peel every couple of years,
too. It's places that get and stay wet for periods of time. Fascia and
soffits, particularly, don't tend to stay wet.