Posted to uk.d-i-y
dennis@home dennis@home is offline

Default British Engineering, mate.

"Tim Streater" wrote in message
In article o.uk,
"Dave Liquorice" wrote:

I'm also wondering what the energy density of liquid air is. Could it
become a replacement for diesel/petrol in smaller vehicles? We seem to be
able to handle LPG safely enough and that is flamable, liquid air is well
air... I can see problems in winter though with frozen "radiators" (aka
heat absorbers) to provide the energy for the phase change.

Well you're not burning the air unlike LPG - and for LPG you already need
a largish tank. And what are the wind farm people expecting to do with the
liquid air? Not, I hope, piping it anywhere. Are they just expecting to
have yet more expensive equipment at the site of the wind farm with a low
load factor?

Put the plant next to nuclear stations.
then they can use the waste heat to boil the air.
Think of how much better that makes nuclear power. ;-)