Posted to alt.home.repair
DerbyDad03 DerbyDad03 is offline

Default How to cut a 4" round hole in soffit - no hole saw.

On Oct 1, 10:45*am, dpb wrote:
On 10/1/2012 9:32 AM, DerbyDad03 wrote:

My guess is that it will all have to be done from the ladder. I don't
want to spend upwards of $45 for a 4" hole saw and arbor...

Surely you already have a holesaw arbor???

The 4" holesaw shouldn't be but $15 or so even at the local Ace; if you
have a HF it's probably half of that or less...a 3-piece set of large
sizes is $20 or there's bound to be a bargain-tool bin around various
outlets...

Of course, the few pilot holes and a keyhole saw works...or a small trim
router wouldn't be too hard to handle or even one of the multi-tools.

--

Actually, I don't have a hole saw arbor. The very few round holes I've
needed to cut have always been small enough that no arbor was needed.

I do however have a set of keyhole saws so I'll bring those along.

Thanks!