Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Ignoramus6882 Ignoramus6882 is offline

Default Scrap value of large electric motors, vs. small motors

On 2012-09-30, wrote:
On Sep 30, 11:41?am, Ignoramus6882
wrote:

Since they are made by Kato, I doubt there is any way to separate the
motor part from the generator part.

While I will soon know for sure, this is indeed what I expect, that
they are closely coupled.

I am just thinking out loud, but, even if they are closely coupled,
the motor part probably has a SAE bolt pattern, so that it can be used
where other similar SAE motors are used, say to replace a diesel
engine or some such.

A very long time ago I had a very little to do with a Kato motor
generator. It was DC to AC. As I remember the motor and generator
were all on one shaft. This was for a weight critical application so
maybe the big ones are a lot different.

Dan

I will see, as you guys say, I will take one apart.

However, before that, I will give Kato a call, perhaps they will want
to buy them. Things like that happened before.