Posted to rec.woodworking,alt.home.repair
Dan Espen[_2_] Dan Espen[_2_] is offline

Default Painting pressure treated lumber

"Existential Angst" writes:

"thunder" wrote in message
On Sat, 29 Sep 2012 17:43:10 -0400, Existential Angst wrote:

Hmmmm..... how bout if I torched the wood, to sort of surface-singe
it?
Would that help adhesion?

If you are going through that trouble, why not use KDAT instead? Kiln
Dried After Treatment

Too late. Plus this is stockade fencing, not too many local choices.
Basically it looked sturdy and was there.
Plus a kind of experimental installation, so I went cheap/convenient, not
really planning too much ahead.
Turned out pretty well, so now the painting issue.

I put up stockade type fencing made of PT 3 years ago:

http://mysite.verizon.net/despen/fence/

One part is 2 years older than that.

There is nothing on the wood and it still looks as good as when I built
it. I wouldn't dream of painting it, that would be a huge mistake.

--
Dan Espen