Posted to rec.woodworking,alt.home.repair
Ed Pawlowski Ed Pawlowski is offline

Default Painting pressure treated lumber

On Sun, 30 Sep 2012 13:04:42 -0400, "Existential Angst"
wrote:

Too late. Plus this is stockade fencing, not too many local choices.
Basically it looked sturdy and was there.
Plus a kind of experimental installation, so I went cheap/convenient, not
really planning too much ahead.
Turned out pretty well, so now the painting issue.

I'd use a solid stain. Durable and less likely to peel. I used in on
my deck with good results on the railings and balusters. On the flat
portion of the decking, it does not hold up so well with foot traffic.