Posted to rec.woodworking
Leon[_7_] Leon[_7_] is offline

Default Painting pressure treated lumber

On 9/30/2012 9:56 AM, Larry Jaques wrote:
On Sun, 30 Sep 2012 09:26:13 -0500, Leon lcb11211@swbelldotnet
wrote:

On 9/29/2012 7:52 PM, zzzzzzzzzz wrote:
On Sat, 29 Sep 2012 17:30:18 -0500, Leon lcb11211@swbelldotnet
wrote:

Hardi may all come primed now but it did not always. It used to come in
a cement grey color.

And, I can assure you 90% of Hardi does not get primed on all six sides.
Construction crews don't paint the ends after cutting to length. I
suspect that caulk will substitute.

You're probably right, but it's taught in the BEST Continuing Ed class
that I just finished yesterday. That very many people do so is fairly
unlikely, but the better builders will, and I will in the future.
Swingy, what's your company's stance on this?

Yeah, sorry I did not mean to sound like I was disputing what you said,
I agree totally. It just does not happen most of the time. As I
mentioned, Hardi gets cut and hopefully if possible it is caulked to
cover the newly exposed surface. Still my old next door neighbor had
the older unprimed Hardi installed on their house and have yet to paint
it at all 6~7 years later, still looks the same. The cement color very
closely matched the color of the rest of the house.