Posted to rec.woodworking,alt.home.repair
Ed Pawlowski Ed Pawlowski is offline

Default Painting pressure treated lumber

On Sat, 29 Sep 2012 18:49:15 -0400, "Mike Marlow"
wrote:

There are also many woods that made good decks, but are pricey too.
Mahogany, ipe, etc. I used tiger wood a couple of months back.

Agreed. And not even that expensive. There are some good cost comparisons
out there that compare woods like Ipe with Composites. The inteligent buyer
might want to invest a few minutes in looking at those.

I bought mine at www.advantagelumber.com 25 boards and hardware to do
a 12 x 16 deck was about $1000 delivered. This is what I bought
http://www.advantagelumber.com/tigerwood_decking.htm

If you like wood, this is lovely to look at. I gave it a Penofin oil
treatment.