Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Tim Wescott Tim Wescott is offline

Default Split Point Drill Bits

On Sun, 30 Sep 2012 00:03:13 +0000, James Waldby wrote:

On Sat, 29 Sep 2012 16:30:56 -0500, Tim Wescott wrote:

Does anyone have a link to a good picture of a split-point drill bit?
I've been looking, and all I see are side views -- I'd like a top view
so that I can (a) verify that I really don't have any, and (b) see if I
can make one out of the non-split-points that I have.

Besides youtube (per other replies) put split-point drill bit into
google images; several end-on views appear. One is from web page
http://www.gadgetbuilder.com/DrillSharp.html which describes a dozen
or so shop built drill sharpening jigs. See eg
http://www.gadgetbuilder.com/DrillSharp.html#Facet4 for a good oblique
view and tip diagram. Note, I would call the relevant end-on views
bottom views instead of top views. If you really want a top view see
following pictu o

How about "business-end view"?

http://www.wescottdesign.com