Posted to rec.woodworking,alt.home.repair
bob haller bob haller is offline

Default Painting pressure treated lumber

On Sep 29, 7:00*pm, "Mike Marlow"
wrote:
Leon wrote:
On 9/29/2012 4:34 PM, bob haller wrote:
never paint PT wood, as it will just peel the PT chemicals prevent
paint adhesion.........

Actually have never had a problem with paint peeling on PT provided
the lumber was "dry".

I guess I never got to that level of dry. *And... I've painted as much as a
year after installation.

and you far better off using composite decking because over time PT
wood still fails.......

Agreed.

Look at the ongoing issues with composites. *The promise on the showroom
floor is not what people actually realize a couple of years down the road..

--

-Mike-

buy from a major long term manufacturer...........

honestly i DONT LIKE WOOD for long term outdoor use.....

concrete doesnt cost that much more and lasts far longer.......