Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Next interesting project, Lagunmatic CNC mill

Larry Jaques wrote:

On Fri, 28 Sep 2012 14:51:17 -0400, "Michael A. Terrell"
wrote:

"DoN. Nichols" wrote:
At least it wasn't a lawyer. They would NEVER get rid of that smell.

There are commercial odor removers used by the fire restoration
trade. I used Odor Ban to clear the stench after a breaker box caught
fire. I sprayed a couple ounces of it into the damaged panel (with the
power off), and a few days later you could barely detect it.

I have a sensitive sniffer and would never live in a house which had
had a fire in it. I could smell it forever, something I can't handle.
It comes right through the paint, even with triple coats of primer and
eleventy dousings with odor remover.

When it comes to death and fire scents, they just keep on giving.

The chemicals available today do an amazing job of neutralizing the
odor. The breaker box that burnt was in a wood paneled wall. I get the
occasional scent of smoke at night when the window AC is running, and
pulling in some outside air, but I haven't smelled burnt bakelight in
years.