Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
James Waldby[_3_] James Waldby[_3_] is offline

Default Next interesting project, Lagunmatic CNC mill

On Tue, 25 Sep 2012 13:56:49 -0500, Jon Elson wrote:
Ignoramus11519 wrote:

I do not think that it shows any error. This is why I doubt if there
is anything wrong.

Oh, one thing I meant to mention. The braking resistors may
just LOOK cooked, but still be quite fine. With rapid start/stop
or rigid tapping, they will get quite hot in normal operation.

In the picture of the braking resistors,
http://igor.chudov.com/tmp/Lagunmatic-CNC-Milling-Machine/Lagunmatic-CNC-Milling-Machine-0014.jpg
it looks to me like the ceramic core of the lower-left resistor is
showing where wire ought to be. But sure, those resistors could
still be quite fine.

--
jiw