Owain

Default "Part P in force by 2004"

"Adrian M." wrote
| I noticed that some of the twin and earth I have been using has
| the year stamped on the insulation every meter or so with raised
| numbering, ie.it's part of the insulation not printed in ink.I
| don't know what the purpose of this is but it will certainly make
| it difficult to claim that the wiring was installed before the
| year stamped on the cable.
| I don't recall where I bought the reel, either Wickes or TLC.
| Maybe this will be a requirement for all cable manufacturers?

I don't want to panic anyone, but the Office of the Deputy Prime Minister is
wanting to bring this scheme in for APPLIANCES. So you will need a NICEIC
electrician to plug in your table lamps. Or perhaps Sarah Wooller of the In
House Policy Consultancy is lacking some understanding in the subject. (My
emphasis below)

http://www.odpm.gov.uk/stellent/grou.../page/odpm_bre
g_023646-01.hcsp#P42_1057

or

www.odpm.gov.uk Building Regulations Competent persons
self-certification schemes under the Building Regulations Existing
competent person schemes

Conclusion and Main Recommendations ...
It is likely to be worth extending the self-certification schemes to a
limited number of areas of the Building Regulations. ELECTRICAL APPLIANCES
is likely to be a good candidate as are other areas where work is common,
internal to the house, often undertaken as discrete projects, and where
companies have an incentive for joining the scheme.

Owain