Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Rant: Banks that only let you see the last few transactions online

On Thu, 27 Sep 2012 20:51:36 -0400, S Viemeister wrote:

Somewhere I have my 1960s cheque book from the National Commercial
Bank, which no longer exists - I believe it's part of RBS now. There
would have been a few pounds still in that account, but RBS claims to
have no record of it...

I think there is a central registry of old banks and who (should) now
have the details of the old accounts but see another post that indicated
the government is about to (or has already) grabbed that money. I have
some vague memories of that but not having any dormant accounts I didn't
pay that much attention, was quite a while ago I heard.

--
Cheers
Dave.