Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Rant: Banks that only let you see the last few transactions online

In article ,
alan wrote:
I'll add a rant about Barclays online banking. I don't need to pay
things very often via that - perhaps no more than about half a dozen
times a year - and usually to someone I've paid before.

But a couple of months ago wanted to pay someone else as it were. And
it informed me I needed a card reader. Great - but why didn't it send
me one before introducing this? Or inform me it would be needed? Got
one - and what a performance to pay a bill.

With RBS and the Co-op I only have to use the card reader for new
payments. Once set up the card reader is not required for subsequent
payments to the same recipient.

Same with Barclays, as I said.

--
*A clear conscience is usually the sign of a bad memory *

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.