Posted to rec.woodworking

Default hello again

jo4hn wrote:

Okey Dokey,
I had checked at the Borgs to see what they had in the way of
contractor/hybrid table saws but they have nothing on display. But
Charlie (thanks Charlie) flogged my memory about Sears. Since there
is a rather large one nearby, I tried them out. Lots of displays
including a hybrid with a cast iron table and a riving knife ($699).
Seemed to have what I needed in my downsized "shop", so I bought one
for delivery on Monday. Will let you know how it works out.
mahalo
jo4hn

Keep us posted on how you like it John. When they first came out with their
hybrids, Sears had a pretty good deal on one model, and it had a very good
reputation. A lot of saw for a lot less money than going all out cabinet
saw. But - not much discussion about those over the past few years. I have
to bet that it can and will prove to be a good tool. Hell - a lot of us
have gotten by with just your basic contractor's saw or equally basic table
saws, with a few add-on's over the years.

--

-Mike-