Posted to rec.woodworking
Mike M Mike M is offline

Default Romex cable stapler - pneumatic?

On Wed, 26 Sep 2012 13:26:30 -0500, Swingman wrote:

Larry Jaques wrote:
On Wed, 26 Sep 2012 11:13:29 -0500, Swingman wrote:

On 9/26/2012 9:55 AM, Pat Barber wrote:
I would gladly give you all the SYP we have for
a decent load of Douglas Fir.

+1

DF is all we have up here in the PNW. /brag g

Freshly cut, it's as soft as pine. Dry, it's harder than oak.
Import nails bend when they just _see_ aged doug fir. And it handles
cold, rainy weather damnear as well as PT, cedar, or redwood. Amazing.

Vertical grain Douglas fir can make some nice looking furniture and carries
a premium price hereabouts.

My property is primarily Fir, Cedar, and Hemlock with some Maple and
Wild Cherry. I'm mostly taking out the 130' tall multi headed
Hemlocks so I can sleep better at night. With some of the Doug Fir
that came down on the neighbors property as I was splitting rounds I
probably put 25% to one side to be resawn for boxes ect. A tree guy
I do some work for hauling chips or excavator work got to log part of
an old growth forest. He's got 5' diameter rounds about 6' long
that's he is taking to the mill to have it cut for doing his floor. He
will also get it kiln dried. Wonderful colors in old fir. I did my
living room trim in clear straight grain fir with an oil finish.

Mike M