Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Rant: Banks that only let you see the last few transactions online

Ian Jackson wrote:
In message , John Williamson
writes
Tim Streater wrote:
How can you be using Barclays online banking *without* a card reader?

Just use it to pay regular recurring bills or pay into accounts you've
paid into before. You only need the PIN sentry device to set up new
payees on the account.

Not so. With my Barclays account(s), I have to use the PIN sentry just
to 'get in'. My wife's account(s) don't have PIN sentry access
protection (just password etc).

So, as I said, rules vary between accounts. It's a shame we can't live
without banks, really.

IME, they're all as bad as each other, just in diferent ways.

--
Tciao for Now!

John.