Posted to rec.woodworking
Han Han is offline

Default Advice on squeeking squirrelcage motor

Leon lcb11211@swbelldotnet wrote in
:

On 9/26/2012 4:28 PM, Han wrote:
I posted a picture of the squirrelcage motor in my homemade "air
filtration system" with 18x24" filters. The motor has started to
make a high pitched squeeking noise, and the center circular pieces
in the picture (bearings?) are getting hot. Is there any way to
lubricate, or salvage the motor, or do I need to get a new (used?)
motor? This thing has had many, many hours on it, since I use it too
to circulate the air in the basement. So I owe it gratitude, but can
afford another motor. OTOH, if it can be saved somehow, that would
be good. But I don't want it to catch fire!!!

Any advice is appreciated!

'
Suggest double checking that the fan is attached securely. Items that
do not have a firm grip can make lots of different noises.

Thanks, Leon and all others! I will do this tomorrow.

--
Best regards
Han