Posted to rec.woodworking
G. Ross G. Ross is offline

Default Advice on squeeking squirrelcage motor

Han wrote:
I posted a picture of the squirrelcage motor in my homemade "air filtration
system" with 18x24" filters. The motor has started to make a high pitched
squeeking noise, and the center circular pieces in the picture (bearings?)
are getting hot. Is there any way to lubricate, or salvage the motor, or
do I need to get a new (used?) motor? This thing has had many, many hours
on it, since I use it too to circulate the air in the basement. So I owe
it gratitude, but can afford another motor. OTOH, if it can be saved
somehow, that would be good. But I don't want it to catch fire!!!

Any advice is appreciated!

I got mine from a local AC company. You might get a replacement
motor (used) very cheap this way. If you are ever down in Georgia I
have a spare unit you can have.

--
G.W. Ross

Any wire cut to length will be too short.