Posted to uk.d-i-y
Jules Richardson Jules Richardson is offline

Default More on electric cars.

On Tue, 25 Sep 2012 17:01:40 +0100, Doctor Drivel wrote:
NO, using waste heat to produce electricity . Run a 100A alternator
off an electric motor. Most take around a 8 to 9 Hp motor to turn it
when charging. That is they take about 9 hp off the crank.

I think you've finally flipped. Use an electric motor to generate
electricity...

Effing senile fool.

I suppose you could have a bigger alternator producing the power to run
the electric motor which drives the smaller alternator - but how would
you drive the bigger alternator?

Wait... unless you had a bigger electric motor, too... now I see what
you're getting at!