Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default More on electric cars.

On Tuesday, September 25, 2012 11:41:05 AM UTC+1, Tim Streater wrote:
In article

,

harry wrote:

On Sep 24, 5:21*pm, The Natural Philosopher

wrote:

harry wrote:

On Sep 24, 12:37 pm, The Natural Philosopher

wrote:

Dave Plowman (News) wrote:

In article

,

* *harry wrote:

* the energy required to make it. And mine all the things that go into

it. And get it to where its got to go. And to make all the complex

electronics that help defraud consumers.

Need not come exclusvely from oil.

Nothing in the manufacture of solar panels needs come exclusively from

oil.

Of course there are alternatives. But in the event of oil running out

those alternatives will massively shoot up in price. Making solar panels

even more uneconomic.

renewable energy: a high cost way of generating inconvenient electricity

that depends on the oil economy for its viability.

More drivel fromTurNiP.

As oil disappears renewable energy becomes more viable.

Not really harry, since nuclear power will always be cheaper than your

solar panels. and when civilisation collapses, no one will pay for your

electricity anyway.

More crap.

We were told it was going to be free at one time.

Only by politicians and the media.

I remmeber doing a project on it at school in the early 70s
the claim that nuclear energy would be so cheap to produce that it wouldn't
be worth the cost pof writing a cheque so no one would get charge for electricity.
If onmly we could generate power from political lies and corruption, we'd be sorted then

--

Tim