Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Pete Keillor[_2_] Pete Keillor[_2_] is offline

Default Next interesting project, Lagunmatic CNC mill

On 26 Sep 2012 04:12:16 GMT, "DoN. Nichols"
wrote:

snip
The project is a bit on hold. The BiJur oiler appears to have
started a fire, and the shop is a world of smoke soot at present.
Little damage to the mill, except the BiJur oiler, its reservoir, and
the approximately one liter of Vactra No. 2 are gone. (Well ... the
metal parts are still there, and I'm waiting for the insurance
investigator to come tomorrow before I pull it off the side of the
machine and see what is what about what is left.) I still find it
amazing that a little 2 or 3 Watt clock motor could light the Vactra No.
2, but we had a spectacular blaze there for a while -- and *very* hot.
I'm still finding things and sprizing them with WD-40 and rubbing off
the rust which is starting. Later, I'll find my remaining stock of
Vactra No. 2 and rub them down with a proper oil which should stay in
place.

Thanks,
DoN.

Damn, that sucks. Glad the damage is relatively contained and hope it
is minimal and easily repaired.

Good luck.

Pete Keillor