Posted to alt.home.repair
Doug Miller[_4_] Doug Miller[_4_] is offline

Default Is a junction box behind clear acrylic considered concealed?

DerbyDad03 wrote in
.
com:

On Sep 24, 3:01*pm, Doug Miller
wrote:
You can, if the floorboards are removable. Nail them in place,
and you have a Code violation.

Do screws equate to nails in this instance?

Even though I'm planning on going with a drop-in plywood panel
that will just rest on the joists, I'm still curoius...

Is an access panel secured by screws allowed or does "removable"
imply no tools required?

No, it does not -- a panel secured by screws is fine.

BTW, the drop-in panel will have a finger hole so that no tools,
such as pry bar, will be required to remove it. We'll let
gravity hold it in place.

That should be great.