Posted to alt.home.repair
US Judges are the enemy US Judges are the enemy is offline

Default Is a junction box behind clear acrylic considered concealed?

On Sunday, September 23, 2012 8:53:47 PM UTC-4, DerbyDad03 wrote:
Let's say I need to extend some wires that run in the joist space below a

crawl space attic above a bathroom. The crawl space has 1 x 4 flooring.

I know I can't simply remove the floor boards, install the junction box and

then conceal it with the floorboards.

However, can I replace the cut out floorboards with a piece of plywood with

an acrylic insert so that the junction box can be seen from above?

The plywood would be big enough to be used as an access panel spanning the

joist bay, the "window" would be large enough for the junction box to be

clearly visible.

If not acrylic, what about a steel grate?

a 24 hour security monitored camera would probably be more acceptable to god and the police state.