Posted to uk.d-i-y
SteveW[_2_] SteveW[_2_] is offline

Default fitting modern lights in place of loop in roses

In article ,
stuart noble wrote:

These huge Ikea fittings are a PITA. Once people realise their existing
rose is hanging on not very much at all, fixing a hook can become a bit
of a nightmare. Fortunately the old lath and plaster ceilings are more
forgiving in that respect, and you're more likely to hit some form of
wood nearby.

I always run a batten between joists when fitting a central light - even
if just a ceiling rose. Saves so much time later on when you change things.

The last couple of lights that I fitted at home were fitted to a new
ceiling - I planned ahead and not only placed battens, but installed
round conduit boxes.

SteveW