Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
[email protected] mkoblic@gmail.com is offline

Default Multifunction/oscillating pwr tool

On Sat, 22 Sep 2012 15:40:35 -0700, Pilgrim
wrote:

Are the attachments [blades etc] on these tools interchangeable between
brands?

For the non pro occasional user is the HF worth the money or should one
pony up more for a name brand?

Thanks

I have the Canadian Tire corded version. Cost $35. It did a great job
sanding in nooks and crannies when the window sills needed
re-painting. many of the areas could not be reached with my orbital or
sheet sander. The sanding disks are expensive but you can improvise
them by cutting up larger hook-and-loop disks.

I cannot see the Fein tool doing a 10x better job for 10x the price
(although I do see that they are getting cheaper now).

Michael Koblic,
Campbell River, BC