Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.design,sci.electronics.cad,sci.electronics.basics
Jim Thompson[_3_] Jim Thompson[_3_] is offline

Default USB Mechanical Switch?

On Wed, 19 Sep 2012 17:03:44 -0500, Don Kuenz
wrote:

Jim Thompson wrote:

Are you forgetting I have a headset attached? I want the switch
equivalent of unplugging the headset.

OK, so you need to make/break audio and not USB? That may be a hard
nut to crack. Newer PCs seem to sense when an audio connection changes.
One way of doing that is to use a phone jack similar to symbol D in
this schematic:

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi...ck_symbols.png

The tip breaks/makes a switch as the plug is inserted/removed. When
plug is removed the tip signal lines(s) get(s) connected to an unknown
"black box" circuit.

Did it this way...

http://www.analog-innovations.com/SE...h_Plugable.jpg

Hard to see, but there's a pushbutton on top (the white dots between
connectors). With only one PC plugged into the output side, the LED
only lights when the headset is active.

Now to neaten up the desk, then go buy some Montepulciano d'Abruzzo
;-)

...Jim Thompson
--
| James E.Thompson, CTO | mens |