Posted to alt.home.repair
SMS SMS is offline

Default (OT) Cellphone puzzler questions

On 9/20/2012 8:30 PM, wrote:
I've had a basic Tracfone for a few years. It makes calls, texts, and
can get basic internet service. It's just a simple phone without any
bells and whistles. I can download pictures for a fee to use as
wallpaper, or download ringtones also for a fee. I dont want a contract
phone, because I dont make that many calls or send many texts. A $20
phone card will last me 2 or 3 months.

Avoid Tracfone at all costs. Avoid the LG501C.

Get a smart phone on Pageplus, with no data plan. The minimum monthly
cost is less and the per-minute and per-text cost is less. $20 every 2-3
months is very high.

Find a gently used Verizon-compatible Android smart phone on craigslist
or order one from digicircle.com. Or get the new Motorola Citrus from
Pageplus for $100 and root it before use.