Posted to rec.woodworking
jo4hn jo4hn is offline

Default hello again

I am sort of back. Since last I looked in, we have sold our house in
the mountains and moved to near the beach. Carlsbad, CA, that is. I
gave my shop to my youngest daughter who lives in the Bay area. I kept
two ancient (they are my age, 73) the workbench and a stationary belt
sander. I also kept all the hand tools whether tailed or not. Maggy
needed to get away from the small town politics and neither of us liked
winters with 10 to 22 feet of snow every year. Oh and I don't have a
real email addy yet so don't try that. Should be back online in a week
or so.

I need to buy a smaller table saw. A contractor style or perhaps a
hybrid. Anybody have anything like that you really love? In the
meantime...

THE IRISH PROSTITUTE

An Irish daughter had not been home for over a year. Upon her return,
her father yelled at her,
"Where have ye been all this time? Why did ye not write to us? Not
even a line. Why didn't ye call? Can ye not understand what ye put
yer old Mother thru?"

The girl, crying, replied, Sniff, sniff...."Dad.....I was too
embarrassed, I became a prostitute.

""Ye what!!? Out of here, ye shameless harlot! Sinner! You're a
disgrace to this Catholic family, so yer are.

""OK, Daddy...as ye wish.. I just came back to give Mammy this
luxurious fur coat, title deed to a ten bedroom mansion plus a $5
million cheque. For me little brother Seamus, this gold Rolex. And
for ye Daddy, the sparkling new Mercedes limited edition convertible
that's parked outside, plus a membership to the Limerick Country Club.
She takes a breath and continues, "and an invitation for ye all to
spend New Years Eve on board my new yacht in the Caribbean ."

"Now what was it ye said ye had become?" says Dad.

Girl, crying again, Sniff, sniff...."A prostitute Daddy!" Sniff, sniff.

"Oh! Be Jesus! Ye scared me half to death girl! I thought ye said a
PROTESTANT. Come here and give yer old Daddy a big hug."