Posted to alt.home.repair
micky micky is offline

Default (OT) Cellphone puzzler questions

On Fri, 21 Sep 2012 17:35:51 -0400, micky
wrote:

Well, some might say that standard means the big end to another
identical big end.

Othes would say it's one of 4 possible standard cables, all ending
with the big end.

You should get your phone before you get accessories, so you get ones
that fit. . Some phones come with some accessories. Most come with
AC chargers, and for my phone, the same cable from the charger to the
phone also will go from the computer to the phone. But they are not
all like that. I think eveyrone needs a car charger, which are no
more than 5 dollars iirc on the web, including Amazon.

I didn't mean what this says. Some car chargers will be lots more
than $5, , but for each phone, there will be chargers at $5 or less.

My cheap car charger on my first phone at one point, the phone
displayed a message "Invalid battery". Now how could the battery be
invalid when it's the one the phone came with, new, and I hadn't used
it much. I thought it was the cheap car charger. But later it gave
the same message with the AC charger that came with the phone.

And all the time, they both charged the battery fine.

Plus my new smart phone with the camera and the big screen, I
sometimes have to go into the shade to see what's on the screen. I
bought some screen protectors for 2 dollars on Amazon. Don't get the
perfectly clear iiuc. They are protection but won't help see things.
Glare-resistant, I think you need, but otoh mirror type I think would
keep me from seeing what's on the phone if I'm looking at an angle.

Thanks for all your useful help!!!!!