Posted to alt.home.repair
micky micky is offline

Default (OT) Cellphone puzzler questions

On Fri, 21 Sep 2012 13:00:44 -0700, "Malcom \"Mal\" Reynolds"
wrote:

In article ,
Fat-Dumb and Happy wrote:

However I'm looking into getting a more advanced phone. The main reason
is that it has a larger screen and full keyboard. Both of these are
needed, since my eyesite is not the greatest and texting with the
standard keypad is miserable. The other advantage is that it has a
camera. Although I do have a regular digital camera, I do like the idea
of having a camera phone, because I often want to take a picture and
dont have my camera with me.

My question is this? If I take a picture with the camera, how do I get
the picture onto my computer? The phone I'm looking at, is a LG501C,
which is compatible with Tracfone. It says it has "Bluetooth
Technology".... What does that do? Is that some sort of cable that
connects to a computer for transferring photos? I dont see any sense
having a phone camera if I cant get the pictures out of the phone and
onto my computer.

(I've heard some people saying they can send pictures to friends who use
Facebook, but I dont and wont use Facebook, so that leaves out that
option).

Seems the young kids understand all of this cellphone stuff, but an old
fart like myself is totally confused by it....

Thanks for all advice!

You can buy a USB blutooth dongle (mine was less than 10 bucks) and
transfer files from your phone (including photo files) to your computer
via bluetooth....or you can save your photos on the SD card and put
that in your computer card reader,... or you can use a cable.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K9IfpSz7c7M

has anyone suggested that he can just email them to himself?

That costs money., Although I have no idea how much.