Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] gary.foreman3@blankspace.com is offline

Default (OT) Cellphone puzzler questions

I've had a basic Tracfone for a few years. It makes calls, texts, and
can get basic internet service. It's just a simple phone without any
bells and whistles. I can download pictures for a fee to use as
wallpaper, or download ringtones also for a fee. I dont want a contract
phone, because I dont make that many calls or send many texts. A $20
phone card will last me 2 or 3 months.

However I'm looking into getting a more advanced phone. The main reason
is that it has a larger screen and full keyboard. Both of these are
needed, since my eyesite is not the greatest and texting with the
standard keypad is miserable. The other advantage is that it has a
camera. Although I do have a regular digital camera, I do like the idea
of having a camera phone, because I often want to take a picture and
dont have my camera with me.

My question is this? If I take a picture with the camera, how do I get
the picture onto my computer? The phone I'm looking at, is a LG501C,
which is compatible with Tracfone. It says it has "Bluetooth
Technology".... What does that do? Is that some sort of cable that
connects to a computer for transferring photos? I dont see any sense
having a phone camera if I cant get the pictures out of the phone and
onto my computer.

(I've heard some people saying they can send pictures to friends who use
Facebook, but I dont and wont use Facebook, so that leaves out that
option).

Seems the young kids understand all of this cellphone stuff, but an old
fart like myself is totally confused by it....

Thanks for all advice!