Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Miniature Extended Reach End Mills

On Thursday, September 20, 2012 10:25:35 AM UTC-7, Bob La Londe wrote:
On Wednesday, September 19, 2012 6:07:43 AM UTC-7, Bob Engelhardt wrote: Bob La Londe wrote: ... McMaster ... Their on-line inventory system is quite good though. Every bit as good as MSC's. Oh ... oh ... oh ... Are you trolling?! MSC as good as McMaster!?! They're not in the same league! McMaster is sweet, sweet, sweet ... MSC SUCKS! Bob Oh, Oh, Oh,... are YOU trolling? Neither McMaster or MSC has what I want. Both are difficult to order something from that isn't in the on-line catalog, both have more order takers than peopel with actual knowledge. Both have websites that allow you to search by different options to see if they do sell what I want. Yes, MSC has issues as a company, and I despise the fact that often when I find a website for a company that looks like it might be a winner I get redirected to the MSC website. However, when I have actually ordered from either company I have received what I ordered very quickly, and McMaster's website does some strange things as well. Like appearing to allow purchase options on checkout that you don't actually have. Regardless, that is not exactly what I said, and it doesn't help me find an easy way to buy what I need in this case, but thank you for the so insightful and judgemental non-helpful response. I do so appreciate your feedback even if its not of any use.

***

Speaking of interesting processes with McMaster's website... How about their lack of a real time shipping calculation or and use of preauthorization instead of using a real time gateway.

They do have a huge inventory, and they do ship quickly, but they have their things they don't do well too.