Posted to uk.d-i-y
Doctor Drivel Doctor  Drivel is offline

Default More on electric cars.

Andy Champ wrote:
In article ,
Doctor Drivel wrote:
So how much for rejuvenating a 10 year olde motah and I presume
it won't
be on its first set of batts by that age?..

The Prius set is averaging at 12 years.

Proof, please.

He may well be right - as I see from a quick Google. Prius is tuned
for battery life, which means never fully charging it nor flattening
it - which will not be the case in a full plugin.

8 year guarantee and 12 year average. When the batteries are "dead" for the
car. They can be used for other purposes. They still work but do not keep
the deep charge needed for a car. They will last and last doing less
strenuous work than propelling a full car.

I was reading spent Prius batteries are good for replacing a lead/acid
battery in a car.