Posted to uk.d-i-y
Doctor Drivel Doctor  Drivel is offline

Default More on electric cars.

John Williamson wrote:
Doctor Drivel wrote:
harry wrote:

Ordinary cars are complex, and prone to breakdowns, while the
Ampera is simple

Electric cars/hybrids are extremely complex.

They are NOT.

Hybrids are at least as complex as a normal car for the mechanical
bits,

Nonsense. An Ampera only has a genny engine. NO transmission.

Electric cars are also complex, as they have equipment on them to use
regenerative braking, battery charging and motor control.

Simple stuff. Mainly an ECU.

Our hybrid buses at work are *much* more
difficult to work on than our normal buses.

Modern hybrid buses are crap. Look at the supercapacitor busses in
Shanghai.