Posted to uk.d-i-y
Doctor Drivel Doctor  Drivel is offline

Default More on electric cars.

djc wrote:
On 18/09/12 00:38, Dave Liquorice wrote:
On Sun, 16 Sep 2012 10:21:39 +0100, Steve Firth wrote:

And I can use air con, heated seats, headlights and windscreen
wipers without worrying that I'll never get to my destination. I
can also cross Europe in just over a day - that will happen with
the Leaf.

Think there is word missing in the end of the last sentance.

But these electric cars aren't designed for driving across europe or
any great distance. They are for the wage slaves doing the M-F 9-5
25 mile round trip commute.

But the wage slaves are just the people who can only afford one car,
so it has to do all the other occasional, but so often vital, trips
too.

Hence the Ampera, which in a town or city charged overnight will rarely need
to use the petrol genny engine. It is simple.