Posted to rec.woodworking
Dave[_52_] Dave[_52_] is offline

Default Lew - this one's gonna **** you right off (it's an old one...) - and probably Dave too...

On Mon, 17 Sep 2012 20:21:38 -0400, "Mike Marlow"
wrote:

Wow. You're kidding - right? How can anyone take a joke like that and
arrive at the conclusions you have? And to boot - end up taking offense at
it from a presumed prespective? The joke was not even about a homeless
guy - or did you not even really read it?

"pull weeds, and sweep my driveway, and I'll pay you $50. Then I'll
take you over to the grocery store where the homeless guy hangs out,
and you can give him the $50 to use toward food and a new house."

Your words above and you DID mention a homeless guy even it that's not
what the joke was really about. I read it all and although I know it
was meant to be some sort of joke, it just didn't come off as really
being one.

The trouble with jokes like that, (and all the rhetoric about bums and
people not working) around here, is that it's all encompassing EVERY
time.

This newsgroup is still called rec.woodworking, but the vast majority
of messages here are whining of some sort or another. And you're
beginning to fit into that category quite nicely. Enjoy yourself Mike.

I know a number of people with some sort of disability living on
support of one type or another. Smart articulate people and they're
all struggling just to survive in the hovels that they call home.
They're not lazy and they're not shiftless. But, that doesn't stop
people similar to many of the whiners here from calling them
freeloaders and lazy.

Yeah I know, I'm on the horse again. Guess I'll always will be because
I know just from the grace of god, there go I.