Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
David R. Birch David R. Birch is offline

Default older CAD software, anyone? Generic CADD level 3

On 9/17/2012 12:11 PM, Bill wrote:
I have Generic CADD level 3 sitting here - I bought it new and used it
for quite a while until Autodesk bought the product and ruined it - it
is a great 2D drafting program that will run well on a 386 or 486
computer with a mono-graphics display (or of course a better display) -
I mostly used it for drawing block diagrams, but I also used it for
laying out cuts for sheets of wood for various projects. it works with
a mouse or with keyboard shortcuts that I still remember (control R for
rectangle, for example) (sad, isn't it) - I don't need this any more -
find my email off my web site (wbnoble.com) and drop me a note if you
are interested - I figure $20 delivered in the USA is about right - it
has several of the add on programs included, all the disks, etc.

Once upon a time I bought LogiCadd, which bundled Generic CADD Level 2
with a Logitech mouse. I used it briefly, then fell into a copy of
AutoCad 2.6, then AutoCad R10, then CadKey, then AutoCad R10 and 2000
and now I'm starting to get into SolidWorks. There was anothe CAD
program I started on, it fit on a 360K floppy and I can't even remember
the name of it. EzCAD? Something like that.

Autodesk bought GeneriCADD, kept the software guys long enough to
upgrade AutoSketch, then canned the whole lot of them.

David