Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default older CAD software, anyone? Generic CADD level 3

I have Generic CADD level 3 sitting here - I bought it new and used it
for quite a while until Autodesk bought the product and ruined it - it
is a great 2D drafting program that will run well on a 386 or 486
computer with a mono-graphics display (or of course a better display) -
I mostly used it for drawing block diagrams, but I also used it for
laying out cuts for sheets of wood for various projects. it works with
a mouse or with keyboard shortcuts that I still remember (control R for
rectangle, for example) (sad, isn't it) - I don't need this any more -
find my email off my web site (wbnoble.com) and drop me a note if you
are interested - I figure $20 delivered in the USA is about right - it
has several of the add on programs included, all the disks, etc.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 9/17/2012 12:11 PM, Bill wrote:
I have Generic CADD level 3 sitting here - I bought it new and used it
for quite a while until Autodesk bought the product and ruined it - it
is a great 2D drafting program that will run well on a 386 or 486
computer with a mono-graphics display (or of course a better display) -
I mostly used it for drawing block diagrams, but I also used it for
laying out cuts for sheets of wood for various projects. it works with
a mouse or with keyboard shortcuts that I still remember (control R for
rectangle, for example) (sad, isn't it) - I don't need this any more -
find my email off my web site (wbnoble.com) and drop me a note if you
are interested - I figure $20 delivered in the USA is about right - it
has several of the add on programs included, all the disks, etc.

Once upon a time I bought LogiCadd, which bundled Generic CADD Level 2
with a Logitech mouse. I used it briefly, then fell into a copy of
AutoCad 2.6, then AutoCad R10, then CadKey, then AutoCad R10 and 2000
and now I'm starting to get into SolidWorks. There was anothe CAD
program I started on, it fit on a 360K floppy and I can't even remember
the name of it. EzCAD? Something like that.

Autodesk bought GeneriCADD, kept the software guys long enough to
upgrade AutoSketch, then canned the whole lot of them.

David
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Mon, 17 Sep 2012 10:11:33 -0700, Bill
wrote:

I have Generic CADD level 3 sitting here - I bought it new and used it
for quite a while until Autodesk bought the product and ruined it - it
is a great 2D drafting program that will run well on a 386 or 486
computer with a mono-graphics display (or of course a better display) -
I mostly used it for drawing block diagrams, but I also used it for
laying out cuts for sheets of wood for various projects. it works with
a mouse or with keyboard shortcuts that I still remember (control R for
rectangle, for example) (sad, isn't it) - I don't need this any more -
find my email off my web site (wbnoble.com) and drop me a note if you
are interested - I figure $20 delivered in the USA is about right - it
has several of the add on programs included, all the disks, etc.

i STILL HAVE gENERIC INSTALLED ON MY COMPUTER. Still have a bunch of
drawing saved in there. every now and then I need one and save it to
DXF, then import into BobCad.

Not sure what level it is?

Remove 333 to reply.
Randy

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Generic Cadd level 3 is still good today on new computers. load into DosBox. if you change the settings in DosBox you can get full screen. use mouseoff.exe and reload to logictec mouse cadd will work perfectly. and generic cadd level 3 will adjust automatically to 16x9 aspect on 24 inch monitors. if you dig a little into the internet you will see that I am right.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Thursday, September 12, 2019 at 8:38:51 AM UTC-7, wrote:
Generic Cadd level 3 is still good today on new computers. load into DosBox. if you change the settings in DosBox you can get full screen. use mouseoff.exe and reload to logictec mouse cadd will work perfectly. and generic cadd level 3 will adjust automatically to 16x9 aspect on 24 inch monitors. if you dig a little into the internet you will see that I am right.

Then you must change the DWG to DXF with the already provided Autocon. And buy a DXF viewer and print it out. I use Brava DXF viewer.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Thursday, September 12, 2019 at 8:48:04 AM UTC-7, wrote:
On Thursday, September 12, 2019 at 8:38:51 AM UTC-7, wrote:
Generic Cadd level 3 is still good today on new computers. load into DosBox. if you change the settings in DosBox you can get full screen. use mouseoff.exe in dosbox and reload to logictec mouse cadd will work perfectly.. and generic cadd level 3 will adjust automatically to 16x9 aspect on 24 inch monitors. if you dig a little into the internet you will see that I am right.

Then you must change the DWG to DXF with the already provided Autocon. And buy a DXF viewer and print it out. I use Brava DXF viewer.

You must first download Dosbox from sourceforge. (its free) then manipulate the settings in dosbox options and change the settings, to do this just double click dosbox options and scroll down. make sure you get 0.74-3:
Generic CADD can run full screen and, on a wide-screen monitor, Generic CADD can run without distortion even though it was designed for conventional CRT monitors (aspect ratio 4:3). First set the DOSBox configuration file for fullscreen:
fullscreen=true
fulldouble=false
fullresolution=original
windowresolution=original
output=surface
autolock=true
sensitivity=100
waitonerror=true
priority=higher,normal
mapperfile=mapper-0.74.map
usescancodes=true
language=
machine=svga_s3
captures=capture
memsize=16
frameskip=0
aspect=false
scaler=none
Then set Generic CADD to run in video mode 106h with the VESA16.vgd driver or 107h with the VESA256.vgd driver (or to a lower resolution, if necessary). Generic CADD has a command €” RA €” to adjust for the screen aspect ratio. When you execute the command, two lines are shown on the screen and you enter the measured lengths of the lines (nominally the width and height of the screen) or you can enter the screen aspect ratio, e.g. "8" and "5". This will adjust Generic CADD so that circles are round and squares, square.
If the RA command doesn't exist, which may be the case for Generic CADD version 6.0.0, set the ratio of the two numbers in line 72 of the environment file €” "environ.fil" €” (normally "8.750000 6.750000") to the aspect ratio of the screen, e.g. "16.000000 9.000000."

New software for older oscilloscopes JimAtQuarktet Electronics Repair 1 July 3rd 07 04:47 AM
CADD Drafting tinman2cu Home Repair 1 June 26th 07 12:44 AM
CADD Drafting tinman2cu Home Ownership 0 June 25th 07 05:02 PM