Robert Smith

Default 14" bandsaw

Last September I drove up to Muncy, Pa. to the Grizzly show room. My intent
was to purchase the 16" band saw. I was planning on getting the one with the
cast iron wheels. If you have never been to a Grizzly showroom do yourself a
favor and take a trip. That place is packed full of all kinds of machinery.
I ended up getting the 17" with cast alum. wheels. I works great, I use it
for resawing rough sawn 2x8 oak and walnut. I even use the cheap Grizzly 1"
blades. You can't push the stock through fast enough to bog down the motor.
I also have a Grizzly joiner and the 15" thickness planer. I couldn't be
happier with any of them. I started out with a crapsman cabinet saw, but
soon found myself sucked into the Unisaw mystique. I bought one about three
years ago. It's a great saw, but I have yet to do something on it that
couldn't be done on the Crapsmen. I have found that as long as the iron is
good, you can get anything to cut perfect. If you can't, you should hire
someone who knows what he is doing to set it up for you. The problems that
the other poster was whining about, was more than likely self inflicted. If
it wasn't Grizzly would have most certainly made it right. I even regret
selling the crapsmen table saw. It was working great but I finally convinced
myself that I needed the Unisaw. But then again, I convince myself a new
$400.00 drive will straighten out my golf game about every three or four
months. Currently I am on a Dewalt tool kick, can anyone give me a slap
along side the head to knock it out of me. Every time I see a yellow tool I
start reaching for my wallet.

"Unisaw A100" wrote in message
Grant wrote:
Yeah If I buy used I want one in So. Cal.. That one looks nice though.
Thanks,

They aren't bad saws despite the guides, table fixings and
lack-o-riser block. Here's another one but it looks like
they're moving farther away from you.

Still, the price looks very good, for now.

UA100