Bay Area Dave

Default A jointer saga part III: the end

you left out an important detail, in order to make me wrong
in your eyes: I consistently mentioned that I knew LV would
take care of the problem and I wasn't bashing LV per se at
any time. I only ANTICIPATED getting grief rather than
"invite" it. Give ALL the facts, Daniel instead of your
slanted opinion of what transpired on the burnisher thread.

have a great day!

dave

Daniel wrote:

Bay Area Dave wrote:

funny thing is, when I comment on a defective tool, I get never-ending
grief on the Wreck for mentioning it...sounds like a double standard.

BAD,

If I recall correctly, you had a bad experience with a Veritas burnisher
which was too soft to burnish a scraper without becoming scratched itself.

I observe some differences between the burnisher thread and this jointer
saga thread --
BAD:
- you started out by flailing your saw blade around recklessly
- everyone knew that Lee Valley would either replace your burnisher or
give you a refund - in short, they will make sure you are happy
jo4hn:
- the OP started out his story in a careful and calm way
- it is obvious that Sears will do nothing to make the situation right

You started out your "Veritas burnisher too soft, and other issues."
thread by lobbing a grenade preemptively at people who you say will
challenge you on your comments. I only started consistently following
the wreck recently (1-2 mo), so I am not as up-to-date on all the
history of this group and you, but to my fresh eyes reading up, that
burnisher post was just baiting for a heated discussion.

You could make a case that jo4hn was being annoyingly redundant by
stating the obvious about Sears, but I personally found the jointer saga
posts informative. YMMV.

- Daniel