Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default language: The missing engineering skill

Michael A. Terrell wrote:

I'm looking at things that aren't on Ebay, or a way to take a handful
of modules and make a complete product. I have several DDS modules, but
I found the sample schematic from the IC OEM is wrong. There are two
ways to interface the chip. A parallel PC printer port, or a serial
interface from a 92C51 processor. One item is a USB interface board, to
turn a module into a nice programmable signal generator for less than a
commercial product.

Well, the problem is to sell something cheaply enough that people will buy
it, but still make a profit on making them. Maybe I'm just no good at
marketing. I do make some money at this, but not a lot. So, I was just
suggesting you look at the possibility of actually earning a living income
this way very carefully, not through rose-colored glasses.

And, of course, if you are making a "comlpete product" you have to
worry about FCC compliance and maybe product safety testing, too.
ARgghhh, big $$$

Jon