Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default language: The missing engineering skill

Larry Jaques wrote:

Michael A. Terrell wrote:

Larry Jaques wrote:

What, you disbelieve?

http://medford.craigslist.org/for/3248254888.html

Only ONE table saw? I have three that need repaired.

http://medford.craigslist.org/tls/3135993333.html

So, something useful came out of Hollywood?

Once upon a time.

http://artcarving.biz/ Soon to be a real website and business.

Good luck. I'm trying to get someone to help me replace the rotting
'Dutch Lap' siding on my smallest shop with Cement Board. it's too
brittle for me to try to get in place with one hand:

I hate that crap with a passion. I've only done one job with it and
it killed a blade cutting one sheet twice. Heavy, brittle junk!
Me no like.

This is Central Florida where the rot proof & termite proof is a good
idea. I hope never to test the fireproof part. The only cutting will be
for the door & A/C. I'm taking out the pair of late '60s crank out
windows to conserve usable wall space. I already have a circular saw
blade sharpener.

http://www.lowes.com/ProductDisplay?partNumber=128526-34299-217863&langId=-1&storeId=10151&productId=3090005&catalogId=10051& cmRelshp=rel&rel=nofollow&cId=PDIO1

The lumber yards around here call it 'Novelty Lumber' and want almost
$3 a square foot for what looks like seconds. The cement board will
cost me $0.85 per square foot. 14 sheets will do it, and I have a new
steel door that needs to be frames & hung.

Take the steel door back and buy one of wood or fiberglass. Metal
dents and looks like hell, plus it gets hot as Hades in the sun.

It's on the north side of the builkding, n never in direct sunlight.
I only paid $20 for a 200 + pound fire rated door from a surplus
building supply place, 10+ years ago.

It will be the only air
conditioned shop, and 12' * 12' outside dimensions. It will be a place
to build control boards for my projects. Lots of microscopic surface
mount parts that will require a microscope to place & solder. I go on
SS in two years, and I'm thinking about offering some electronics kits
on Ebay.

Arid conditioning in a shop is mandatory. Yeah, I don't look forward
to getting a living out of SS in 6 (ten by then?) years...

I'm not allowed any income on VA disability. That ends in two years.

http://tinyurl.com/964bv6m I look completely different in this than
she does, if you can believe that. titter

You prefer Victoria's Secret? ;-)

He had only one secret.

That sounds quite painful! ;-)