Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default language: The missing engineering skill

On Wed, 12 Sep 2012 22:33:25 -0400, "Michael A. Terrell"
wrote:

Larry Jaques wrote:

On Wed, 12 Sep 2012 20:13:31 -0400, "Michael A. Terrell"
wrote:

Larry Jaques wrote:

On Wed, 12 Sep 2012 19:45:40 -0400, "Michael A. Terrell"
wrote:

Larry Jaques wrote:

On Wed, 12 Sep 2012 13:22:38 -0400, "Michael A. Terrell"
wrote:

Larry Jaques wrote:

I had a Pennysaver ad come out once, and I quickly bit their heads off
for it. They said I offered "Softwear Services". sigh

You made women's clothes? ;-)

That's why I ripped 'em a new one. I -didn't- make women's clothing.
(I kept those to wear myself. Er, oops!

Only on the weekend, no doubt. While listening to Monty Python's
"I'm a Lumberjack & I'm OK"? ;-)

Precisely. wink

Well, it looks like you have more than one hobby.

What, you disbelieve?

http://medford.craigslist.org/for/3248254888.html

Only ONE table saw? I have three that need repaired.

http://medford.craigslist.org/tls/3135993333.html

So, something useful came out of Hollywood?

Once upon a time.

http://artcarving.biz/ Soon to be a real website and business.

Good luck. I'm trying to get someone to help me replace the rotting
'Dutch Lap' siding on my smallest shop with Cement Board. it's too
brittle for me to try to get in place with one hand:

I hate that crap with a passion. I've only done one job with it and
it killed a blade cutting one sheet twice. Heavy, brittle junk!
Me no like.

http://www.lowes.com/ProductDisplay?partNumber=128526-34299-217863&langId=-1&storeId=10151&productId=3090005&catalogId=10051& cmRelshp=rel&rel=nofollow&cId=PDIO1

The lumber yards around here call it 'Novelty Lumber' and want almost
$3 a square foot for what looks like seconds. The cement board will
cost me $0.85 per square foot. 14 sheets will do it, and I have a new
steel door that needs to be frames & hung.

Take the steel door back and buy one of wood or fiberglass. Metal
dents and looks like hell, plus it gets hot as Hades in the sun.

It will be the only air
conditioned shop, and 12' * 12' outside dimensions. It will be a place
to build control boards for my projects. Lots of microscopic surface
mount parts that will require a microscope to place & solder. I go on
SS in two years, and I'm thinking about offering some electronics kits
on Ebay.

Arid conditioning in a shop is mandatory. Yeah, I don't look forward
to getting a living out of SS in 6 (ten by then?) years...

http://tinyurl.com/964bv6m I look completely different in this than
she does, if you can believe that. titter

You prefer Victoria's Secret? ;-)

He had only one secret.

--
Creativity can solve almost any problem. The creative act,
the defeat of habit by originality, overcomes everything.