Posted to alt.home.repair
micky micky is offline

Default (OT) Must I allow political calls on my phone?

One more thing

The phone company WILL let you block calls that don't provide a return
call number. I don't know if there's a charge for this or not, or if
you can turn it on and off yourself or not

There are loads of new options, that used to be listed in the front of
hte white pages, but in MD aren't anymore.

This is one of the features of the $100 thing I posted about, but you
don't need there machine to do it (of course if there's a monthly
charge from the phone company, but paying 100 will be a one-time
charge, it's probably worth it. It says

"How it works

The Digitone Call Blocker 10 comes from the factory preset to allow
all callers with a valid phone number displayed to ring through just
like normal. Block unwanted calls are Unknown, Unavailable, Out of
Area, Anonymous, Private or any name without a phone number and will
be hung up on. Also, the phones throughout your home or office will
continue to ring on Invited calls until the seventh ring, when the
call blocker will answer the call and hang up to prevent a caller from
tying up the line. Alternatively, if you miss your Invited caller,
your OWN, IF YOU HAVE ONE combo phone/answer machine or your phone
company's voice mail service will take a message for you. "

http://www.digitone.com/Digitone%20Call%20Blocker.htm