Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Tom Del Rosso[_4_] Tom Del Rosso[_4_] is offline

Default language: The missing engineering skill

J. Clarke wrote:
In article ,
says...

How bout the 80% of our Senate/Congress that sez "nukyooler".....
No matter, tho, cuz oh-ficial language in Wash. is Lobby$peak....

Anyone who takes the Southern pronunciation of "nuclear" as a sign of
ignorance needs to spend some time in the nuclear engineering
department at one of the Oak Ridge Associated Universities.

Do they say that protons and neutrons comprise the "nuculus" of an atom?

If so then it's just blatantly incorrect non-phonetic pronunciation, but if
not then it would seem that they don't understand what "nuclear" refers to.

A Pakistani scientist claimed that some of his colleagues believed there was
a genie in the reactor, but it would be nice to know even our Southern
engineers understood what these words mean.

zero, and remove the last word.