Posted to alt.home.repair
HeyBub[_3_] HeyBub[_3_] is offline

Default (OT) Must I allow political calls on my phone?

Oren wrote:
On Tue, 11 Sep 2012 11:44:03 -0500, wrote:

Must I allow political calls on my phone, or is there some way to
stop them?

fred flinstone why do you nym-shift every day?

You cannot stop the calls, politicians exempted themselves from the Do
Not Call List.

Suffer. You registered to vote.

It wasn't the politicians. First, the FCC exempted political calls to cell
phones. Then the Federal Trade Commission said political and charitable
calls were okay.

As an aside, while the politicians COULD legislate to overrule the FTC, they
know that the courts have been very, very strict about anything interfering
with political free speech.

Maybe you could program your answering machine to accept only ten seconds
worth of message? Of course you should warn the caller about that, else you
could get messages such as your daughter calling and saying: "Dad! The car
broke down. I'm in a really bad part of town. There are some guys on the
corner pointing at me and licking their lips! I'm at..."