Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default language: The missing engineering skill

"Pete C." fired this volley in news:504fa688$0$9167
:

Gaffer's tape adhesive is made to have a
relatively strong hold, but to not leave any residue when removed.

Leave it on in the sun for about a week, and then tell me about that.

Most gaffers and other stage crew strike the stuff they assemble every
night, and it's _usually_ not in full sun for several days.

I've got apple boxes covered with gaffer's tape "stains".

I've used hundreds of rolls in my fireworks shows.

(FWIW, good-quality duct tape - before the aluminum iron-down stuff -
would also come away clean until it got hot in an attic)

LLoyd