Tom Veatch

Default A jointer saga part III: the end

On Thu, 22 Apr 2004 00:23:19 GMT, "joey" wrote:

Is this thing really 34 years old and they still stock infeed table and
cutter head. Last year I tried getting a new motor for a craftsman 6"
jointer that was bought in 1991 they didbn't have em oh well replaced with
PM54

My guess is that availability of repair parts would be spotty by now. The note from the Sears guy said that when Emerson stopped
making the jointer, Sears bought out the inventory. I wouldn't expect the infeed table and cutter head to be a high turnover repair
item. What is surprising is that Sears would devote warehouse space to those items for 30 years without scrapping them out.

I once had one of those jointers. Bought it new and thought it was a pretty good tool. But there for a long time I didn't have a
workshop and it was rusting away in storage before I gave it to my son. He sold it and has often expressed regrets over doing so.

Tom Veatch
Wichita, KS USA